[GRASS5] d.scale: new -i flag to display monitor scale

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Mar 6 15:05:16 EST 2001

Hi developers,

some of you may not like this, however, I have added a flag
to d.scale to display monitor scale:

d.scale help
[...]
  -i   Display map scale in GRASS monitor and exit

In use it looks like that:

d.scale -i
Scale of map displayed in GRASS monitor:
   Map scale: 1:4277

If you change the monitor size, the output (next call) of course
changes as well. It is calculated from Xserver screen resolution,
current map settings and GRASS monitor size.

I think this is somewhat useful and hopefully somehow appears on
the top line of GRASS monitor in 5.1 later.

Cheers

 Markus