[GRASS5] wrapper for awk?

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Mar 6 09:28:32 EST 2001

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 07:51:53PM +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 07:24:14AM -0500, Eric Mitchell wrote:
> > Option 1: check for awk in configure.in, and
> > update the script file accordingly.

Here we have the problem with people using GRASS from
precompiled binaries.

> > Option 2:
> > #!/bin/sh
> > exec awk -f program.awk file ...
> >
> > where program.awk is your file without the line,
>

> Option 3 (still only one file):
> something like:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> awk --source='
> /some/		{ x = 1}
> /awk/		{ x = 1}
> /source/	{ x = 1}
> ' $1
>
> (don't know whether only gawk has option --source
>
> Jan

I have just checked SUN's awk which offers:

awk
awk: Usage: awk [-Fc] [-f source | 'cmds'] [files]

I have applied your suggestion, Jan, and renamed to "gawk".

Moritz, could you try?

cvs up src/scripts/contrib/v.xfig

v.out.xfig
v.in.xfig

Maybe "gawk" is a requirement which can't be fulfilled everywhere,
then we should consider option 2.

Thanks for your suggestions,

 Markus