[GRASS5] Configure and Solaris: small problem.

Federico Ponchio ponchio at mail.dm.unipi.it
Thu May 17 22:37:14 EDT 2001

Im tryng to compile grass on a Solaris: i encountered 2 problems:

1) "ar" was not in the path, but configure did not complained and
compilation of course failed at src/libes/gis nothing important,
but it could confuse the clueless.

2) It seems to compile and install ok, but grass5 does not start
because of some libz problem. I will investigate further and report,
unless someone already encountered the problem and can tell me.

BTW i didn't expected the grass shell not to start because of libz
problems, as far as i knows only some raster modules needs it...

Federico