[GRASS5] filenames in GRASS database/r.mask

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu May 10 09:16:34 EDT 2001

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 12:45:38PM +0200, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i noticed two minor problems:
> some modules (at least r.mapcalc) do not allow dashes (-) in filenames
> or at least need different quoting/treatment. I noticed this with
> shade.rel.sh and shade.clr.sh, which choked on my raster files with
> dashes. I changed both scripts to exit with an error message with files
> with dashes in, i know of no solution.
> This should be put into the TODO to revise this for 5.1. Every module
> should work with allowed filenames.

Hi Andreas,

 please feed this into the RT, area "wish" (you can select that)
when directly posting in RT.

> Second i am missing a commandline version of r.mask. This should be
> really simple, only a reclassified raster map of name "MASK" must be
> created or deleted. But the code of r.mask is mixed up with the code for
> r.reclass, so i have not done it.
Yes, parser functionality would be nice. However, you could simply

 r.mapcalc MASK="some formula"
or
 g.rename mymap,MASK

(I guess you know that, so I am telling this to some others here :-).

However, please add the r.mask issue to RT, too.

Thanks,

 Markus