[GRASS5] GRASS packaging issues

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu May 10 06:49:45 EDT 2001

Hi Jan-Oliver,

With my rpm spec file i solved this with echo y> make.

The second one may be from the broken tar on Solaris and IRIX, which
bail out with the exclusion option. I don't know if it is ok with others
to use always GNU tar. I can not see that it will be reasonable to use
bsd like install to install grass. The big number of files will slow
down grass installation very much. But it would be possible to controll
file access permissions and automatic de-installation.

How do you solve the problems with the hardcoded paths in the monitorcap
file? I have a rpm-spec file that works very well, but was never able to
make a pakage that is relocatable or builds under a temporary root
(which is the usual setup). I looked into building a solaris pkg
package, but this has the same problems than the rpm package (not
building in a tmp root, not relocatable).

cu,

Andreas

Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> during preparation of a GRASS rpm package, two issues
> occured:
>
> - is there a reason why manual confirmation is requested
>         when building as root? It is not unusual to be root
>         when creating a rpm package.
>
> - the installation routine copies several CVS directories.
>
> Jan
>
> --
> Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/
>
> Intevation GmbH                      http://intevation.de/
> FreeGIS                                http://freegis.org/

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net