[GRASS5] PAGER changed to GRASS_PAGER

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue May 1 02:48:00 EDT 2001

Justin Hickey wrote:

> I have changed references to PAGER to GRASS_PAGER as per discussions on
> this list a while ago. Also, PAGER should now be recognized by GRASS
> programs if it is defined before starting grass (so man inside the grass
> shell should still behave properly). Please let me know of any
> difficulties.

Should G_list_element (src/libes/gis/list.c) be changed? Currently it
has:

    if (isatty(1))
    {
	more = G_popen ("more","w");
	if (!more) more = stdout;
    }
    else
	more = stdout;

I would have just gone ahead and changed it, but then I thought that
there might be a specific reason why $PAGER wasn't being used here.