[GRASS5] Legends in GRASS

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Nov 2 12:14:54 EST 2001

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 11:53:41AM -0500, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> just a note - the reason I cannot get cat labels for all categories when I
> use the workaround with the smooth gradient option is that the smooth
> option always writes only 5 values/labels, so I get nice legend for
> soils.ph which has 5 categories and I am out of luck with geology which
> has about 10.

Hope here:

I recently implemented a "steps" parameter (get from CVS):
d.leg.thin help
Usage:
 d.leg.thin [-nsm] map=name [color=name] [lines=value] [thin=value]
   [labelnum=value]
[...]
  labelnum   Number of labels for legend description
             default: 5

The new labelnum allows to overcome this problem at least partly.
Maybe someone want to implement a mechanism to define the minimum
value to be displayed?

> I am working with spearfish data set and I guess I must be quite
> frustrated given the number of misspellings I managed to make when writing
> to Markus. Sorry for that,

Sorry Helena, but I was hesitating to modify your text.
My apologize (I was just to lasy to write it again with own words).

Ciao

 Markus