[GRASS5] Bugracker

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 9 07:49:30 EST 2001

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 01:37:12PM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter schrieb:
> > On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 04:54:44PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > > So please have a look at if you have updated information enter them
> > > or a pointer to them into the bugtracker.
> > > This might be important for people who reported so they
> > > can give more details.

> I took your recommendation serious and updated all the simple cases in
> the bugtracker.

Great!
This is very helpful.

> But i must admit that i am unsure when to change status to resolved.
> If i can not reproduce the problem, should i change to resolved? I fear
> most bug reporters will not be able to answer to a bug report older than
> some weeks.

A lot of bug reporter will still care.
I know because I've reported some bugs in reporting systems of
sourceforge and debian and I do still care for there resolution.

For bugs not clear enough or not reproducible I suggest we start
with the following:

	First we should contact people about missing details.
	If we still miss details after two weeks,
	I think we should set the status of the bug to "stalled".

	If it was unreproducable for another two weeks after this,
	with no new details, we should call it resolved.

	If we publish a new version and believe a bug to be gone
	we also should contact people.

What do you think?

Also: Feel free to shift priorities around as you like so that
other developers can get a feeling which bugs are more important.

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)