[GRASS5] Bugracker

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Fri Nov 9 09:05:43 EST 2001

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Reiter schrieb:

> A lot of bug reporter will still care.
> I know because I've reported some bugs in reporting systems of
> sourceforge and debian and I do still care for there resolution.
>
> For bugs not clear enough or not reproducible I suggest we start
> with the following:
>
>         First we should contact people about missing details.
>         If we still miss details after two weeks,
>         I think we should set the status of the bug to "stalled".
>
>         If it was unreproducable for another two weeks after this,
>         with no new details, we should call it resolved.
>
>         If we publish a new version and believe a bug to be gone
>         we also should contact people.
>
> What do you think?

Generally i agree. But if a bug is reported for a specific version (e.
g. pre1) that is outdated and no other person reported a similar bug i
think we should put it to resolved.
The RT is populated with some bugs which are not related to GRASS, but
to broken linux installations. I will generally help, but often it is
not possible to reproduce the bug.
Time is a very scarce ressource, so i want change to resolved.

> Also: Feel free to shift priorities around as you like so that
> other developers can get a feeling which bugs are more important.

This will need input from other people too.

cu,

Andreas

url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net