[GRASS5] Bugracker

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 9 11:22:27 EST 2001

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 03:05:43PM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter schrieb:
> > A lot of bug reporter will still care.
> > I know because I've reported some bugs in reporting systems of
> > sourceforge and debian and I do still care for there resolution.
> >
> > For bugs not clear enough or not reproducible I suggest we start
> > with the following:
> >
> >         First we should contact people about missing details.
> >         If we still miss details after two weeks,
> >         I think we should set the status of the bug to "stalled".
> >
> >         If it was unreproducable for another two weeks after this,
> >         with no new details, we should call it resolved.
> >
> >         If we publish a new version and believe a bug to be gone
> >         we also should contact people.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Generally i agree. But if a bug is reported for a specific version (e.
> g. pre1) that is outdated and no other person reported a similar bug i
> think we should put it to resolved.

I think that at least one attempt to contact the person
is fair, we might use a shorter time period (one week?)
and then directly change it to resolved.

> The RT is populated with some bugs which are not related to GRASS, but
> to broken linux installations. I will generally help, but often it is
> not possible to reproduce the bug.

Very true.

> Time is a very scarce ressource, so i want change to resolved.

We should close bugs which are obviously not related to GRASS even sooner.

> > Also: Feel free to shift priorities around as you like so that
> > other developers can get a feeling which bugs are more important.

> This will need input from other people too.
True, all developer have access to the bug-tracker.
If a single developer adds or substract 5 points to a value
the dialoge about the priority might start.

I believe that a resonable estimating of importance by any
developer will be better than no estimation.

	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)