[GRASS5] v.to.sites question

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Nov 19 10:53:59 EST 2001

Hi,

today I tried to generate a sites file from a vector map
(containing a circle). However, the result was not what
I expect from the man page:

  "If -a flag is selected,
   v.to.sites  extracts all vertices from a vector file, if not selected,
   it  extracts  site (point) features only, ignoring lines and areas. If
   -i  flag  is selected then, for each line, if the distance between any
   two  vertices on this line is greater that dmax, additional points are
   added to keep the distance withing dmax range."

I thought that lots of sites are generated along the vector lines (that's
what I need). Am I wrong in my assumption? Is it a bug or a feature...?

Best regards

 Markus