[GRASS5] v.to.sites question

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Nov 19 12:29:32 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 05:19:57PM +0100, Radim Blazek wrote:
> On Mon 19. November 2001 16:53, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > today I tried to generate a sites file from a vector map
> > (containing a circle). However, the result was not what
> > I expect from the man page:
> >
> >   "If -a flag is selected,
> >    v.to.sites  extracts all vertices from a vector file, if not selected,
> >    it  extracts  site (point) features only, ignoring lines and areas. If
> >    -i  flag  is selected then, for each line, if the distance between any
> >    two  vertices on this line is greater that dmax, additional points are
> >    added to keep the distance withing dmax range."
> >

> > I thought that lots of sites are generated along the vector lines (that's
> > what I need). Am I wrong in my assumption? Is it a bug or a feature...?
>
> It seems to work with labeled lines.

well: so I have added dig_cats support to v.bubble (was not
implemented there). Additionally I have fixed it for v.circle,
the numbers for dig_att were wrong and the file not closed.
Additionally I have applied a fix from Bob Covill to avoid
crashes on Solaris (v.bubble).

Both should be fine now.

Now back to try v.to.sites...

 Markus