[GRASS5] suggestion for developers meeting

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Nov 19 12:45:49 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 12:42:37PM -0500, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> I would like to suggest to include the release of GRASS5 as an item for the
> upcomming meeting in Trento.
> I mean not just discuss it but rather doing it. It may be easier just to go
> through the
> list of remaining bugs together and decide on the spot whether they are
> release critical and, if they are not
> (which I hope is the case) release GRASS5 so that GRASS5.1 can be started.
> It will fit with Bernhards presentation.

Helena,

why not... I also thought about a release (would be a nice item and
reason to enjoy the evening).

> It appeared that we were pretty close to the release but now it seems to be
> going away again.

The only problem is that a few basic thinks still don't work.
As requested I have tagged the critical bugs to "70" priority.
Feel free to downgrade them.

> I hope that I am not too much of a pain with with this,
>
> regards,
>
> Helena

I would be glad to have it published. However, I cannot provide more
time to fix the problems than what I currently do...

Suggestion: There are a few days left, perhaps we catch all critical
bugs until then? :-)

Happy hacking,

 Markus