[GRASS5] pre2 nviz & darwin -- part ii

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Oct 26 16:49:20 EDT 2001

Bob Covill wrote:

> > > GRASS 5.0.0pre2 > nviz help
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > That implies that the error message is bogus, i.e. a problem with
> > G_parser(), but I can't see anything obvious.
>
> I am guessing here, but is it possible that TCL (tcltkgrass) is getting
> confused with the command? In other words is it reporting the error
> before it even gets to G_parser?

Unlikely; the error message matches the one in src/libes/gis/parser.c:

	if (got_one > 1)
	{
		fprintf(stderr,"Sorry, <%s=> is ambiguous\n", the_key) ;
		return(1) ;
	}

This error message should only occur if one of the argument names (the
LHS of an "arg=val" argument) is a prefix of multiple declared
options, but isn't an exact match for any of them.