[GRASS5] raster file history question

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Thu Apr 4 08:12:59 EST 2002

Markus,

I think what you are talking about is writing to the History structure
of the raster. Only a few programs implement this. Most other programs
simply pick up the history from a previous raster.

As a code example you could look at i.rectify (exec.c). Here the History
structure is initialized and command parameters (and other useful info)
is written out.

What we need to do is identify the programs that would be most useful to
have the history written.

Hope this helps.