[GRASS5] raster file history question

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu Apr 4 08:49:08 EST 2002

Hi,

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Ok, sorry for boing unclear. A new try:
>
> I want to store the command line, which was used to start a
> module, into the history section of data.
>
> Example: I run
>
> r.proj dgm1km loc=europa map=europa
> When I now run
>
>  r.info dgm1km
>
> the string "r.proj dgm1km loc=europa map=europa" should appear in
> the history. This is implemented in r.slope.aspect and s.surf.rst,
> but more complicated there. For my module (not r.proj) the command line
> string is sufficient to later remember the parameters which I used to
> generate that particular map.
>
> It must be something with argv[] or so.

what about G_recreate_command()? IMHO this gives a complete command
line, even if the command was invoked interactively.
I think that a own library for accessing and creating metadata (history
data) would be very useful. Somehow the metadata capabilites should be
unified for all modules (raster, vector, sites).

HTH,

Andreas
url: http://mitglied.lycos.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net