[GRASS5] Release Management (10 days to go before Freeze)

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat Apr 13 13:47:46 EDT 2002

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > > We have 25 open bugs right now.
> > That's down to 21 now;
>
> Great! I declare Glynn GRASS programmer of the week! :)

That was easy ;) I didn't say that I fixed them, just that I closed
the RT entries.

#903 was actually fixed by Andreas around a month ago, and #998 was
closed due to not being a GRASS bug. Also, I fixed #992 back on March
28, but only just closed it.

OTOH, after fixing #809, I found another bug in s.in.shape, namely
that the timestamp wasn't written because the from/to fields weren't
being set. Upon fixing that, I noticed a further bug, that the year
was written as "102", i.e. failing to add 1900 to the tm_year.

On a hunch, I ran a grep for "tm_year", and found a bug in r.topmodel
(which assumed that tm_year was "year % 100", when it's actually
"year - 1900"), so any files generated by r.topmodel will have
reported the year as 2102.

So that's three unreported bugs fixed as well.

BTW, I've also fixed (AFAICT):

#103	s.info crashes if empty "labels|" field present

So, we're down to 20 open bugs. Of those, half are v.* or i.* programs
(which I'm not at all familiar with), and the rest are cases where I
either don't understand the problem, or can't reproduce it. Except
for:

#873	monitor resizing does not work on SOlaris/X11R6.4

which will probably be resolved by the removal of the resize/redraw
code. For more fundamental reasons than #873, which is just due to
some WMs not liking the the WM_NORMAL_HINTS setting.

Basically, a command which works when run by the user from the shell
won't necessarily work (or produce the same result) when run by the
monitor. Particularly if the session handling gets changed in any way.