[GRASS5] Proj library update

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat Apr 20 18:17:19 EDT 2002

Roger Miller wrote:

> I updated the proj library in the GRASS cvs to proj4.4.5.
>
> There is a potential problem.  The Gmakefile in the CVS was recently updated
> and the updated file did not compile the library.; it compiled the
> (alphabetically) first *.c file in the directory and stopped.  The file that
> I committed is the Gmakefile that I downloaded a couple days ago and modified
> to compile the added functions.

There's a more serious problem; src/include/projects.h hasn't been
updated, but the new code won't compile with the existing projects.h
file. The projects.h file from PROJ 4.4.5 can't be used as is, because
there are some GRASS-specific functions which need to be added.

Also, the "UV" structure has been renamed to "projUV", which impacts
upon programs which use the library (primarily v.proj; the other
occurrences are in src.contrib/SCS, in code which appears to be unused
at present).