[GRASS5] Shared Libraries

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sun Apr 21 05:41:27 EDT 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > FWIW, it's now possible to build GRASS on Linux with most of the main
> > libraries as shared libraries. Brief instructions are in mk/README.
>
> Glynn,
>
> just curious: Is there a way to allow for individual compiles with
> make? E.g.
>
> src/libes/proj > make
> makefile:2: head.mk: File or directory not found
> makefile:60: tail.mk: File or directory not found
> make: *** No rule to make target 'tail.mk'.  Stop.

See the "gmake5" script which is created during the build process (or
by "make gmake".

> Perhaps the full path could be written from
> mk/mkmakefiles
> ?
>
> Before breaking anything, I would like to ask.

The problem is that the makefiles need vars.mk (which is basically the
"head" file), which lives in the build directory. But the makefiles
generated by "make makefiles" or "mk/mkmakefiles" aren't specific to a
particular configuration, so they can't reference the build directory.