[GRASS5] Branching for 5.0.0 ahead

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Apr 22 15:16:33 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 07:14:26PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 02:16:43PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> Also it is unclear to me who will tag it, I prefer a script with
> some logic inside (reading src/CMD/lists/GRASS).

If Glynn would be willing to tag it,
I would appreciate it.

I do not think that a script is needed.
He can just check on a fully tree, delete the stuff we do not want,
modify some files and create the branch.

> > Work in progress that I've noticed:
> > 	- d.zoom 	Radim
> > 	- m.in.e00	Michel
> > 	- proj		Roger
>
> also:
The next two seem to be subprojects of the proj update:
>  - m.proj[2] needs the datum update to be synchonized with [rsv].proj
>    (it is easier to explain to users that datum transform is not there than
>     telling them which modules are updated already - which is great indeed)
>  - html pages need update for the nad2nad

The next are probably too late,
they did not react to the warnings.

>  - v.buffer ?
>  - s.to.rast update
>  - what about v.in.shape (hi David)

Note that there will be 5.0.1 as soon as we manage.

> > Please finish as soon as you can and let us know.
> > If you cannot finish this within the next days,
> > we might have to back the changes out and delay them to later releases.
>
> If so, who would be doing that?

Backing out will be on the people who checked this in.
Otherwise you, me or Glynn.

> > 	You both have to make sure that the release branch only contains
> > 	useful code we want to release and that you know is stable.
>
> Here we need something recursive: we could make a proposal and need opinions
> later since nobody will know all 3xx modules. Before really tagging a few
> people should review the list of release candidates.

In my eyes everybody is constantly reviewing this for the last month.

> Then: Is everybody willing to work on the release branch?

Except release critical bug fixes, there will be no "work"
for the release branch. This time we just get it out and will create it.
We had this over and over again.