[GRASS5] Glynn: Please branch. Rest: Hold Committs.

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 30 05:12:06 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 07:46:47PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:

> > Eg. the G3D tools are inside which does not make much
> > sense except for s.vol.rst. Other modules I didn't
> > verify yet.
>
> I thought that we had agreed to include all of the code in the source
> tarballs, but only enable working modules in src/CMD/lists/GRASS.

In principle yes.
We still might have modules which we do not even think that the
source code is useful in the tarball.

> > Am I right that a merge back won't happen this time? Otherwise
> > we would loose again new contributions to the development tree (HEAD).
>
> What purpose does the head serve now?

It will be the base for further releases on the 5.0.x series,
which should be stable series for GRASS.

> Shouldn't ongoing development be moving to 5.1?

If the changes planned by the development are more substaintial, yes.
Minor fixes and enhancements can go in HEAD for 5.0.x.