[GRASS5] Re: Grass GUI

Angus Carr acarr at iname.com
Fri Feb 8 09:23:34 EST 2002

As an aside, since kde can now be made to run under cygwin (sort of, anyway
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/ ), there's now very few platforms that we
can run grass on that can't run kflog.

There is part of me that wants to call for an independant GUI, and part of
me that would really love to see a KDE GUI. The present GUI is not as usable
as we would like it to be. A command-line is a wonderful tool, and I demand
one when I can, but there is something about a command line for data
browsing that can be quite conceptually difficult.

I appreciate the difficulties of getting married and it's impact on a life
of code, though. I've been basically unable to turn on a computer at home,
since I am in front of one all day at work...

Angus.