[GRASS5] GRASS internationalization

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Feb 27 04:44:07 EST 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 08:07:59PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> this suggestion is not new. We have to *find* people to do it

We just have to do it,
but this will slow down other developers somewhat.
But we have to keep the discipline so they are indeed encouraged to
help with this.

> As far as I see the current number of continous contributors I
> even see problems to keep three trunks (5.0exp, 5.0release, 5.1exp).

It will make it easier if we stick to this defined way
of keeping the source.

> We probably do not have the human resources at time to manage such a
> huge code base like this.

We can just make each step slowly.

> Point is that we obviously don't get fixed the 5.0 bugs in a reasonable
> time frame.

Then we remove all that unstable code.
If nobody cares to fix it or report the bugs then there is obviously
no interest in the modules.