[GRASS5] VPF/VRF open source libriary

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 30 03:35:23 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 06:37:55PM +0100, Bjørn Roald wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:20:25 +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner
> > <jan at intevation.de> wrote:

> > > Currently there is only vhclmaps which is quite outdated
> > > and afaik, OpenMap (Java) which handle vpf.
> > > Links to these and perhaps some more at www.freegis.org.
> > >
> > > I am crossposing this to the FreeGIS mailing list, perhaps
> > > some people are also interested in the  development of a GPL/LGPL
> > > vpf viewer.

Note that any serious Free Software work should evaluate
how good the code for VPF in OpenMap and vhclmaps is.
OpenMap probably is closest to become a VPF viewer.

> Anybody have any thoughts of how this can tie into or interact with the new
> GRASS vector format?

First you have to check out and test the new code in the grass51 tree.
I assume that you know how to write into the new vector format after
that. :)
	Bernhard

If freegis is useful for you, consider paying for the service:
	http://freegis.org/about-paying.en.html