[GRASS5] s.to.rast

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Mar 14 21:55:02 EST 2002

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 03:13:32PM -0600, Helena wrote:
> Some time ago Kevin reported here that s.to.rast runs forever.  I
> looked into bug reports but did not find it there and I did not find
> it among NEWS for latest CVS snapshot, but I may have overlooked
> something- was it fixed?
>
> I use s.to.rast a lot and I never had that problem untill yesterday
> when I had gridded site data (at 1m step) and I ran s.to.rast on them
> with the resolution 1m and region given from the site data. It was
> running forever.  Changing the resolution to 1.1m or keeping the
> resolution at 1m and changing the region solved the problem, however
> this looks like bug to me. Before investigating further I would like
> to ask whether anybody has looked into it.  (I am running pre2 but we
> have just installed the latest snapshot so I can try it there).

How far along does it get, according to messages printed?  It sounds
like an endless loop, but so far, I don't see where this would happen.
Only way I see the region setting could make it get stuck, is in the
calculations of the rows/cols to write.  Perhaps the sanity checks are
missing a corner case?

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>