[GRASS5] The status of 5.0

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Mar 22 08:32:25 EST 2002

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 12:41:10PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Helena, Markus:
>
> Thanks for looking into so many bugreports.  This is badly needed.
>
> Markus is right in that we can just define a priority level and
> consider all bugs above that release critical.
>
> Only close bugs which are closed, but downgrade them if not release critical.
> And feel free to enter all your little comments in the bugtracker so
> people checking up on thinks will see why we did with the bugs what
> we did with the bugs. :)=

At time I compile a new web page from "CVS and release strategies"
as written by Bernhard and Radim. Radim will comment on this, so
we hope to come up with something useful later today.

For the decision "release critical" or not, let's take in RT

Priority
0..50    not release critical
51..100  release critical

That's intuitive and easy to apply. In fact I suggest to only use
30 and 70, why making it more complicated as needed.

The upcoming page will contain a try for definition what's considered
to be release critical.

One important thing to do is to mention unfixed bugs in the HTML
docs. Then everyone can read about it. At least the release critical
bugs must be mentioned (or fixed).

Markus