[GRASS5] [bug #1349] (grass) r.slope.aspect will not compile Solaris 8 \i386

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Oct 15 07:19:02 EDT 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1349

Subject: r.slope.aspect will not compile Solaris 8 \i386

Platform: Solaris7/i386
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources

Hello,

   we compiled the GRASS 5.0.0 source code under Solaris 8 (i386 on intel machines). Everything seemed to be OK, but there were two compilation errors. The rest of GRASS works very nicely - but I need the r.slope.aspect module!:

Compilation error in /src/raster/r.slope.aspect (ignored)
                             /src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2 (ignored)

Is this a common problem (has anyone else found this?). Is it simple to recompile these modules seperately? What more should I do to track the errors. I am a bit rusty on C (shouldn't be, but I am) and have not used gmake before .....

cheers

Dan Cornford
Aston University, UK.