[GRASS5] Mac OSX binary install directions

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 11:21:27 EST 2003

Hello Michael
Just a quick correction below:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Michael Barton wrote:

[...]
> ***Basic requirements for installing GRASS 5.3 binaries on OSX***
>
> X11 (note different versions for OSX 10.2 and 10.3)
> tcltk for X11 (required for the tcltk interface)
> GDAL with OGR (GRASS 5.3 won't run without this)
> PROJ4 (GRASS 5.3 won't run without this)

GRASS 5.3 will run fine without an external copy of PROJ.4 being installed
and in fact will be better in some circumstances as there are a few bugs /
features we have fixed but are not in remotesensing.org PROJ:
krovak projection axis orientation
error in projection to and from latitude /longitude when there is a
nadgrids line in the PROJ_INFO file (this affects quite a lot of modules,
r.sun etc.)

However PROJ.4.4.7 can handle datum transformation using NTv2 gridshift
files while the GRASS PROJ version hasn't been updated to this level yet.

I would like to sort out some of these issues before doing a 5.3.0 release

Paul