[GRASS5] [Updated] Changes between 5.0.0 release and current release branch

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Feb 17 15:01:57 EST 2003

[In general, if HEAD and the release branch differ, and both are
broken, then leaving it alone at least provides a reminder that
something needs to be fixed.]

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > html/html/d.legend.html
> > src/tcltkgrass/module/d.legend
> > 	-o, maxfontsize=
>
> here Hamish Bowman may comment
> Being the author of '-o, maxfontsize=' I can confirm that this was
> a workaround only. Now Hamish has polished the code.

d.legend itself understands:

	map= color= type= lines= thin= labelnum= at= range=
	-v -c -n -s -m -f

but the set of options/flags which are documented in the HTML file and
are supported by supported by the tcltkgrass module are:

	map= color= lines= thin= labelnum=
	-v -c -s -m

IOW, those files need to be changed, but the version in HEAD isn't
correct.

Hamish said:

  I'll get around to fixing these soon ..

At least the existing versions don't mention options which don't
actually exist in the program (-o, maxfontsize=).

> > html/index.html
> > html/searchhtml.html
> > 	index2.html -> index.html
>
> Yes. index2.html doesn't exist any more.

Neither does "../../index.html", which is the actual URL which is
contained in those files:

	-<A HREF="../../index2.html">
	+<A HREF="../../index.html">

html/index.html is installed as /usr/local/grass5/documents/index.html
(assuming the default prefix). The link "../../index.html" thus refers
to /usr/local/index.html, which probably won't exist (and if it did,
probably wouldn't be related to GRASS).

If this is meant to refer to the root of the GRASS website, it should
probably be:

	<A HREF="http://grass.itc.it/index.html">

or even just:

	<A HREF="http://grass.itc.it/">

IOW, those files need to be changed, but the version in HEAD isn't
correct.

> > src/general/init/grass.src
> > 	Trap signals
>
> It was mostly disliked (although it helped for me :-).
> In my opinion it doesn't harm even if it isn't the 100% solution.

Same reasoning as before; either this should actually be fixed or it
should be acknowledged that it needs fixing.

> > src/mapdev/v.in.dgn/Gmakefile
> > src/mapdev/v.in.dgn/README
> > src/mapdev/v.in.dgn/main.c
> > 	???
>
> Yes. It's not in the compile list, so it doesn't cause problems.

Radim said:

  Requires dgnlib which is not located by configure -> no.

> > src/scripts/contrib/d.rast.leg/d.rast.leg
> > 	???
>
> Hamish?

Hamish said:

  actually, probably not. It's broken for non-FP rasters right now due
  to the -o flag (which never made it out of HEAD) becoming -n, but it
  seems to have some related logic problems as well.

  I wasn't aware this script existed until now, but will see what I can
  whip up.