[GRASS5] v.digit color name mismatch

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Feb 24 11:09:10 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 10:16:09AM -0500, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> cheg01 at attbi.com wrote:

I also believe that 5.0.x will be the stable version around for a while.

There is no expected release date on 5.1.x
and note that 5.1.x will always be experimental.
So the first releases will be releases of experimental versions.
5.2.0 will be the next stable release and this is a bit away.

However we try to get 5.1.x out and stable as fast
as possible which you probably should count in quarter of years.
Any help is appreciated.

> Chris, if you are doing anything with vector modules I are greatly
> encourage you to look at 5.1
> and coordinate your work with Radim. The vector capabilities in 5.0 are
> not adequate
> and we all need to work on getting 5.0 merged with 5.1 as soon as
> possible so that we can have a working version
> of GRASS5.1 with everything in it - I expect that people will switch to
> GRASS5.1 as soon as it becomes
> usable because of its vector and database support, so I would not put
> much effort in fixing 5.0 vector stuff.
> This is just my view, others may see it differently.

We need people who fix bugs in 5.0.x and do maintance releases.
Vector support is not bad in principle it just could be a lot better.

People interested in developing and advancing 5.1.x are of
course wanted and Radim does a very good job in this area.

Thus Chris can pick his choice and help GRASS one or the other
or both ways. :)