[GRASS5] [bug #1501] (grass) installation under SUSE 8.1 is

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Jan 8 22:46:12 EST 2003

Request Tracker wrote:

> Hi, after installing GRASS 5.0.0 under SUSE 8.1 and running grass5 command,
> the following message is generated:
>

> Starting GRASS ...
> /usr/local/grass5/etc/set_data: error while loading shared libraries:
> libtermcap.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> jirid at linux:~>
>

> Installation under RedHat 7.0 worked fine.  I assume that SUSE 8.1 will
> install pretty much the same set of libraries.

Maybe, maybe not. On RH 6.2, libtermcap.so.2 is in the "libtermcap"
RPM.

AFAIK, all of the functions which libtermcap provides are also
provided by either libncurses or (where it exists) libtinfo. Anecdotal
evidence suggests that you can work around this problem by creating a
symlink called libtermcap.so.2 which points to one of these libraries.