[GRASS5] proj changes for releasebranch?

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Jul 3 04:52:27 EDT 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Are you aware of tools/diff.sh? This is what I've been using to
> analyse the differences between the head and release branches prior to
> merging.

Yes I used it; it was quite useful. Especially the lists showing which
files had been added and removed that I needed to specifically do cvs add
and cvs remove after copying them over. I checked the diffs for the files
I had been working on and any that had other changes than the ones I made;
I changed them manually. The others I just copied over in one go. I had to
run autoconf to generate a new configure script that had the external proj
and IRIS GL changes but not the C++ ones.

> To prepare the previous releases, I've run diff.sh, then posted a
> summary of the changes in order to obtain opinions as to which changes
> should be merged and which shouldn't.

I thought maybe if I committed the things I am happy with to the release
branch now, then the amount of other changes would be much smaller and they
could be gone through in the usual way?