[GRASS5] Re: proj bugs

H Bowman hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 21:43:05 EDT 2003

> > Using the 3 and 7 param transform, s.proj runs to completion, but no
> > transform is actually done. (happens both ways)
> > [see output #3 below]
> > cs2cs with same (cut-and-paste) parameters works correctly.
>
> Looks like you found a major bug dating back to the first PROJ
> improvements in January. We needed to convert latitude/longitude
> angles into radians for PROJ, but this wasn't being done. My new
> version and Eric Miler's new version both had this bug so I suppose
> being consistently wrong meant nobody picked up on it. The relevant
> function is pj_do_proj() in src/libes/proj/do_proj.c and I have fixed
> it in CVS now.
>
> This bug only showed up when projecting between two lat/long
> locations.

Ok, got the new do_proj.c but it doesn't seem to be using it.

How do I rebuild/install a library with rebuilding everything?

The usual gmake5 from within src/libes/proj/ doesn't seem to do it.

I've modified src/CMD/head/head.i686-pc-linux-gnu to use:
GISBASE = /usr/local/grass5
GRASS_BIN =/usr/local/grass5/bin
and then just run 'gmake5' from the source dir..

That builds & installs modules, but doesn't seem to have done it for the
proj lib.

Tried gmake5 -i from src/libes/ as well & the same.

??
Hamish