[GRASS5] GRASS5.7: compile error: " No rule to make target`OBJ.i686-pc-linux-gnu/get_proj.o"

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Nov 17 10:50:48 EST 2003

Paul Kelly said:
> Hello Moritz
>
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
>> > make[2]: *** No rule to make target
>> `OBJ.i686-pc-linux-gnu/get_proj.o',
>> > needed b
>> `/data/GRASSCVS/grass51/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/libgrass_gproj.so'.
>> > Stop.
>> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/GRASSCVS/grass51/lib/proj'
>> > make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
>> >

>> I got it to compile by linking to get_proj.c and do_proj.c in the
>> GRASS5.3
>> directory /src/libes/proj.
>>
>> Is this the correct solution and make mix should create these links or
>> am
>> I on the wrong path ?
>
> Those files now exist in the 5.7 CVS and are slightly different from the
> 5.3 versions. If you make sure any old 'make mix' links are deleted and
> run cvs update they should appear; if not I don't know what's wrong.

I just redid a cvs update in the 5.7 tree, followed by make distclean,
./configure (+options), make mixclean, and make mix. I get exactly the
same compilation error. Here is what I have in the ./lib/proj directory:

alaska.lla  datum.c     Makefile   ntv1_can.dat        stlrnc.lla  WO.lla
conus.lla   ellipse.c   MD.lla     nzgd2kgrid0005.gsb  stpaul.lla
convert.c   FL.lla      nad2bin    prvi.lla            TN.lla
CVS         hawaii.lla  nad2bin.c  stgeorge.lla        WI.lla

No get_proj.c nor do_proj.c...

Moritz