[GRASS5] Towards a 5.1.0 experimental release

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 03:16:42 EDT 2003

> > [...]
> I think that we should be more prescriptive, i.e. we should specify a
> setting for most options. Also, we should specify either -bbo or
> -nbbo, even if we don't intend to use -lN, so that authors know where
> to break long boolean expressions.
>
> FWIW, my preference would be:
>
> -nbad -bap -bbb -nbbo -nbc -bl -bli0 -bls -cbi0 -ncdb -nce -ci4 -cli0
> -ncs -d0 -di0 -fc1 -nfca -hnl -i4 -ip4 -l80 -lc80 -lp -npcs -pi4 -nprs
> -npsl -sbi0 -sc -nsob -ss -ts8
>
> However, much of that is arbitrary; I'll live with whatever is
> ultimately chosen (except -ts8; that's a technical issue rather than a
> preference).

Should the "-nut" (--no-tabs) option be used as well? Using the above
rules the first "tab stop" is four spaces, the second is one tab, the
third one tab + 4 spaces, the forth 2 tabs, etc. The -nut option
replaces the tabs with 8 spaces and makes text editors with an optional
tab size a lot happier. Downside is larger file sizes.

?
Hamish