[GRASS5] d.info in grass 5.7

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 16:59:29 EST 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Scott W Mitchell wrote:

> (actually, this is probably addressed mostly to Hamish and perhaps
> Glynn, since their IDs are associated with the files in question, but I
> have self-doubts on my understanding of the CVS system and its logs...)
>
> Is d.info incompletely added to the repository, or just a work in
> progress?  I just tried to compile GRASS 5.7 from scratch and it
> stopped there looking for main()... upon examination I see there are no
> source files in there, so I've removed d.info from the parent makefile
> and am continuing.
>
> I would just assume that I had caught the middle of an update, but
> apparently this directory was created two days ago...
>
> Oops, same for r.in.mat (and out) - just the directory, no source code.

Yes they seem to be only partially added. You also need to copy over the
source code files from 5.3. The normal way to do this is add the lines
src/display/d.info/* display/d.info/*
src/raster/r.in.mat/* raster/r.in.mat/*
src/raster/r.out.mat/* raster/r.out.mat/*
to tools/link.conf in the 5.7 source tree, and then run make mix again

Perhaps I'll make a conjecture that Hamish didn't finish this because
nobody had decided if the new modules should go into 5.7?