[GRASS5] Re: Vector symbols & g.region

Florian Goessmann florian at wallweg39.de
Sat Dec 11 09:45:03 EST 2004

On 11 Dec 2004, at 12:18, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 12:12:41PM +0100, Florian Goessmann wrote:
>>
>> i updated d.m/vector.tcl that it can handle multiple categories. the
>> problem is, that the categories are hard-coded (the icons aren't
>> anymore, they are selected with a GSelect window) and i haven't
>> figured
>> out how to have them updated without having to change the source code.
>
> Is there a possibility to access the dynamic list through TCL?
> Might be the best solution.

this is what i was looking for but as i haven't ever written tcl code
before yesterday my abilities are, well, limited. the more tcl savy
guys will probably find a more decent solution than hard-coding the
directories.

> Yes, a known problem but I don't know how to program that.
> d.vect should loop over the subdirs in /etc/symbol/ and build
> a complete list... C programmer welcome.
> If it turns out to be impossible (due to time constraints of
> other developers), I'll revert it to the manual selection next
> week as it was before.

no need to revert it. i fixed that (i don't like strings either). the
loop now checks all dirs in /etc/symbols and adds all icons properly
(group/icon) to the list. i'll upload these changes to cvs together
with all the others i did last week once i have write access.

regards
florian