[GRASS5] Re: Vector symbols & g.region

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Dec 11 14:31:43 EST 2004

Florian and Markus,

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but issuing a find command that is
redirected to a text file or variable could create such a list that could
then be grep'ed to get the part of the path name needed by a simple loop in
d.vect and vector.tcl.

E.g:

 find -f $GISBASE/etc/symbol/ > symbolpath

Michael

On 12/11/04 7:45 AM, "Florian Goessmann" <florian at wallweg39.de> wrote:

> On 11 Dec 2004, at 12:18, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 12:12:41PM +0100, Florian Goessmann wrote:
>>>
>>> i updated d.m/vector.tcl that it can handle multiple categories. the
>>> problem is, that the categories are hard-coded (the icons aren't
>>> anymore, they are selected with a GSelect window) and i haven't
>>> figured
>>> out how to have them updated without having to change the source code.
>>
>> Is there a possibility to access the dynamic list through TCL?
>> Might be the best solution.
>
> this is what i was looking for but as i haven't ever written tcl code
> before yesterday my abilities are, well, limited. the more tcl savy
> guys will probably find a more decent solution than hard-coding the
> directories.
>
>> Yes, a known problem but I don't know how to program that.
>> d.vect should loop over the subdirs in /etc/symbol/ and build
>> a complete list... C programmer welcome.
>> If it turns out to be impossible (due to time constraints of
>> other developers), I'll revert it to the manual selection next
>> week as it was before.
>
> no need to revert it. i fixed that (i don't like strings either). the
> loop now checks all dirs in /etc/symbols and adds all icons properly
> (group/icon) to the list. i'll upload these changes to cvs together
> with all the others i did last week once i have write access.
>
> regards
> florian

PO Box 872402
Arizona State University