[GRASS5] joining GRASS development

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 23:06:55 EST 2004

> my intention as an archaeological researcher is mainly
> to enhance GRASS 5 functionality in a number of fields where
> I think it is still lacking:
>
> 1. spatial statistics and point pattern analysis:

just some ideas of things that need to be done for 5.7:

  r.univar:  finish extended statistics: mode, median, quartiles..

  r.cellstats:   port of 5.4's s.cellstats

  merge r.sum, r.average, r.median, r.mode into r.statistics (status?)

> 2. geophysical analysis
> 	- would love to be able to analyse data from the field in
> 	  GRASS in a straight-forward way

v.in.garmin is nice.

> 4. Several smaller things
> 	- transparent overlay of raster and vector layers

not with the current display monitor code..

> - is there a short text that could get me started with 5.7 vector
> programming?

"make pdfdocs" + see the doc/vector/ directory in the 5.7 source tree.

Hamish