[GRASS5] [bug #2852] (grass) Library - libgrass_interpfl.5.7.cvs.dylib - is not built

Moretti Lorenzo lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Fri Dec 17 19:30:14 EST 2004

William wrote

    haven't tried without the -U,_cuserid option recently, I'll give
that a try soon.
    The key is the -install-name option.  I did try the -single-module
option when it
    changed from what it was previously, but it had the same effect
(it's just simpler option).
    That effect is that the embedded path for libs in the grass libs
would be the source tree
    copies before installation.  I think I tried -single-module with
-install-name, but I'm not
    sure.  I'll try again, otherwise it would have to be
-flat_namespace and -fno-common.

    Heck, if Lorenzo's doing the same thing to SHLIB_LD, it must be
right? ^_^  At least it
    looks like he has a better handle on Mac OS X porting stuff than I
do.

William say right

the flag

SHLIB_LD="cc -dynamiclib -single_module \${LDFLAGS}"

links the libraries only to dist built folder in source folder. The
dependencies are linked to this folder. If for other UNIX dist this is
OK this is a problem for OS X (check with otool -L xxxxxxx.dylib).
GRASS is installed in a different folder.
Grass works with this flags and 'til yesterday internal GRASS LIB was
not important for external software but today yes: gdal lib with grass
support (5.7+ raster) and qgis application with grass support (5.7+
vector) and perhaps others.

The bug 2852 is always present with all flags.

In Grass57cvs_041213 all was OK (see my first post).
 From 041214 the problem is only in this library. There are been many
changes in lib/rst/interp_float folder.

Bye