[GRASS5] nviz problem

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Sat Dec 18 08:22:50 EST 2004

Hi,

It appears that not even wish will run in the background on your system ...
very strange.

The current nviz IS the old NVWISH executable which was called was called by
the old nviz shell script. The reason I got rid of the shell script was
because when nviz encountered an error the same un-informitive message was
generated because it was passed through the script. Also, there are a number
of error catches in the actual nviz tcl scripts which were completely ignored
with the old shell startup.

Before reverting to the old startup it would be nice to know why wish (and
nviz) will not run in the background on some systems. On both of my RedHat
systems it runs fine both in the background and the foreground.

--
Bob