[GRASS5] nviz problem

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Fri Dec 17 20:02:39 EST 2004

Hello,

I tried running the latest version of nviz in the background with
various options and it seems to work fine. The "%" prompt that you see
is perfectly normal. The nviz program is simply a customized version of
the Tcl/Tk "wish" executable. Try executing "wish" on the command line
and you should see the same prompt.

As for it crashing when it is run in the background, I have no idea. You
might try changing GRASS_MESSAGE_FORMAT environment variable to see if
that has any effect.

It might help to know what platform and Tcl/Tk version it is failing on.

For me it works on RedHat 7.3 with Tk8.3, and RedHat 9 with Tk8.4.

--
Bob