[GRASS5] nviz problem

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Mon Dec 20 08:18:11 EST 2004

Hi,

I was finally able to duplicate the background error on my RedHat 7.3
system. For some reason it works fine on my RedHat 9 system.

I have searched the Tcl/Tk archives for documentation of similar
problems, but found nothing.

In the meantime I have got the following script to work.

#!/bin/sh
exec nviz -f $GISBASE/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script "$@"

This seems to work if started in the foreground or background, but I
have not tested it properly. In order to use the above script you have
to first edit nviz_init.c in visualization/nviz/src and comment out the
following line ...

     if (!script_mode)
             Tcl_Eval(interp, nviz_script); /* source nviz_script to
start main window */

After commenting, rebuild nviz and run the above script. Hopefully this
will work for you.

Now that I have an idea of where the problem is originating, hopefully I
can figure out a more permanent solution. Suggestions welcome.

--
Bob

Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting