[GRASS5] nviz problem

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 12:28:06 EST 2004

Hi,

Your fix doesn't work:
----------------------
GRASS 5.7.cvs:~/tmp > cat i
#!/bin/sh
exec nviz -f $GISBASE/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script "$@"
GRASS 5.7.cvs:~/tmp > ./i
Illegal filename. character </> not allowed.Error: Raster /home/geni/usr/grass/grass51/dist.i686-pc-cygwin/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script does not exist in current Mapset
Load Failed
GRASS 5.7.cvs:~/tmp >
----------------------

nviz2.2_script is not a map but a script. The error message comes from the
grass parser library not from tcl/tk.  I think nviz is a grass module itself,
so it doesn't accept parameters except grass ones.

If -f option is given:
nviz -f nviz_script grass parameters

Otherwise:
nviz -- grass parameters

This is what I understand, but where does nviz do something for "-f"
option? I cannot find it.

When I run "nviz -f elev=dem500" which should be wrong, nviz displays
dem500 and tries to find "elev=dem500" script without success:
----------------------
translating colors from fp
recalculating normals...
Error in startup script: couldn't read file "elev=dem500": no such file
or directory

I think the tcl/tk parser conflicts with the grass parser and maybe
tcl/tk sould have a priority here.

Thank you.
Huidae Cho

----- End forwarded message -----