[GRASS5] V.to.db strange behavior

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Dec 22 12:36:28 EST 2004

I've messed with v.to.db a bit more and am getting very strange results. I
admit that I might not be putting in correct values (though I'm trying to
follow the example). But v.to.db is putting in values that I am not. Below
is an example.

v.to.db map=subsector type=point,line,boundary,centroid layer=1 qlayer=1
option=query column=survey qcolumn=count(*) -p
Reading data trom the map ...

Querying database ...
DBMI-DBF driver error:
SQL parser error in statement:
SELECT count(*) FROM subsector WHERE cat = 28
Error in db_open_select_cursor()

Cannot open cursor: 'SELECT count(*) FROM subsector WHERE cat = 28'

So where is the clause 'WHERE cat=28' coming from????? I certainly didn't
specify that. How can I actually make a query?

Michael
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402