[GRASS5] [bug #2869] (grass) libg2c.so.0 missing

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sat Dec 25 07:42:55 EST 2004

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2869

Subject: libg2c.so.0 missing

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Other (CDROM etc)
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: 5.7.0

I'know that this is not a GRASS's bug, but I think is insteresting that you
have notice of it, and maybe you can help me.
I have to teach in a course of introduction to GIS with GRASS and I decided
install Suse Professional 9.2 because in the web page www.lingis.org offered,
via ftp, a complete group of programs GIS included all GRASSS versions in rpm
adapted for Suse.
The surprise is that many of this programs (GDAL, GRASSS,...)need
libg2c.so.0.
GRASS5.7 sends this error message:

""GRASS 5.7.0:/usr/bin > Error in startup script: ps.map: error while loading
shared libraries: libg2c.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory
    while executing
"exec ps.map -p"
    (procedure "DmPrint::init" line 14)
    invoked from within
"DmPrint::init"
    (procedure "main" line 27)
    invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
    (file "/opt/grass57/etc/dm/d.m.tcl" line 773)""

What can I do?
Sorry for my impertinence ...and for my english
Thanks

Juan Miguel GARIJO