[GRASS5] 5.3 shared libraries and other experimental changes

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 09:54:42 EST 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Glynn Clements wrote:

> AFAICT, the circular dig2/vect dependency must be recent; it doesn't
> occur in the last version which I built. There were some circular
> dependency issues with the DBMI code, but ISTR that Radim said that he
> had fixed that.

Well I *think* that's what the problem was; I didn't have a good look at
it as I'd already spent time on other things. Perhaps it is not as bad as
that and just needs the compile re-ordered or something.

> > 3) Re-generate the binary nadgrids datum transformation files when
> > installing a binary distribution, as these are architecture-specific
> > files.
>
> Is this related to cross-compilation?

Yes---that would be the situation where you'd need to generate the files
upon installation to the target machine. We talked about this before---I
hope that is a satisfactory way to get around it.