[GRASS5] Cygwin binary package

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Jan 14 17:48:16 EST 2004

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > Is there much difference in having included a broken NVIZ instead
> > > of no NVIZ?
> >
> > No NVIZ is easier to explain.
> >
> > The user reports that this was with wingrass_generic.

He's changed his mind; apparently it was wingrass_xserver. That
*should* be built with OpenGL and TclTk; however, you have to force it
to use xtcltk and not Cygwin's Tcl/Tk, e.g. using

--with-tcltk-includes=/usr/local/include --with-tcltk-libs=/usr/local/lib

If you don't have xtcltk, then at least use --without-tcltk.

It would be nice to have configure check that the version of Tcl/Tk
which it finds will actually work, but I have no idea how to detect
that.