[GRASS5] problems with i.in.erdas in GRASS 5.3

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jan 23 11:50:33 EST 2004

I just tried use i.in.erdas to read in a multiband *.lan file of
LandsatTM images. It didn't work and produced the error listed below.
With i.in.erdas out of commission, there seems to be no way to get
multiband images into GRASS. I tried r.in.gdal (I have 1.1.9 installed)
and it wouldn't read *.lan images or geotiffs in multiband format. Any
suggestions?

I am using GRASS 5.3 (12 January 04 build) on a Mac OSX 10.2.8 system.
The *.lan file is a version 7.4 format file of 7 Landsat TM bands, with
a size of 375 Mb. Note below that it does recognize the file and read
the header correctly.

  - - - i.in.erdas error - - -

Swapping Enabled
HEAD74
pack type ------------- 0 == 8 bit/pixel
number bands----------- 7
number cols,rows------- 7768, 7225
starting coordinate --- 1, 1
map type (int, float) - 1
number classes -------- 0
unit-type: ------------ N (N=None A=Acre H=Hectare O=Other)
area per pixel -------- 1.000000
map coordinate -------- 67089.500000, 4414792.500000
pixel size ------------ 28.500000, 28.500000

UTM coordinates used remember that the UTM zone is unknown
and must be set using the grass support function on the header file.
WARNING: G_set_fp_type() can only be called with FCELL_TYPE or
DCELL_TYPE
WARNING: G_set_fp_type() can only be called with FCELL_TYPE or
DCELL_TYPE
WARNING: G_set_fp_type() can only be called with FCELL_TYPE or
DCELL_TYPE
WARNING: G_set_fp_type() can only be called with FCELL_TYPE or
DCELL_TYPE
WARNING: G_set_fp_type() can only be called with FCELL_TYPE or
DCELL_TYPE
WARNING: G_set_fp_type() can only be called with FCELL_TYPE or
DCELL_TYPE
WARNING: G_set_fp_type() can only be called with FCELL_TYPE or
DCELL_TYPE

C. Michael Barton, Professor
Department of Anthropology
PO Box 872402