[GRASS5] GRASS 5.7.0 beta1

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Tue Jun 1 09:14:35 EDT 2004

Thanks to all who tested.

On Monday 31 May 2004 17:26, Lorenzo Moretti wrote:
> Platform: MAC OS X
>
> Error:
> The only problem is in r.mapcalc. The official 5.3 version
> (15-05-2004) is wrong. Last cvs version is correct. I have copied
> this version in your 5.7beta1 and I have built all modules.

What was wrong? Last change in grass/src/raster/r.mapcalc3 was 3 weeks ago
(May 11) before release_15_05_2004_grass5_3_0.

> Another small error: tcltkgrass is old in 5.7beta1. Download last
> version from Michael Barton site
> (http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton/grass.htm)

Only grass51/gui/tcltkgrass/Makefile has changed? I have updated in cvs.

> PROJ support is missing from this final table but it's present in my
> configure.

PROJ is requirement, so it is not printed.

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 10:21, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> two erros, probably not primarily due to the installation procedure but
> nevertheless an error .. did it happen before?
>
> 1. v.digit: error while loading shared libraries: libtk.so.0: cannot open
>
> ln -s  to where?

I have
/usr/lib/libtk8.3.so -> libtk.so.0
/usr/lib/libtk.so -> libtk.so.0
/usr/lib/libtk.so.0

> 2. the button options->toggle form mode keeps on top of every window until
> I select it.

Which module, which button?

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 05:23, Richard Greenwood wrote:
> On Cygwin (what version, I do not know)
>    builds and installs without error, but nziv and v.digit do not work
> for me (this has been discussed previously).

This I don't know how to fix.

I have also fixed the 'magic' bug in attributes form (update mode did non work).
It was most probably caused by GRASS_FORM_MODE variable which I replaced by
'-e' flag in d.what.vect. d.m global option moved to vector's options.
d.what.vect will from now by default use VIEW mode.

Radim